My wife and I just completed a "Best of Spain and Portugal" 2017 tour.Hotels were rated 4-5 star, but would be 3 star at best in North America.

One hotel room smelled like a sewer and we had to change rooms. Many extras were on "free days" which should have been included as the day was paid for in the 16 day price. Included hotel meals were not as good as the meals provided with the extra excursions. We had a lot of seniors in our group and there was way, way too much walking with visits to castles, etc.

many ended up with blisters as some days we walked between 4-6 miles. Tour Director Denise was the best we've had the pleasure to travel with. She solved many health, food and physical issues as required. The driver was also very skilled, polite and helpful with seniors getting on and off the bus.

Way too much "shopping time" at roadside comfort stops and when left in towns while trying to kill time before a stop at the next hotel. Hot food was warm at best and cold drinks also room temp for the most part. Tried some new to us food and drinks.. most ok, some didn't suit us, but the Sangria and wine was good.

Lots of room on the bus except for a few seats. Not sure who to book our next tour with as we had some good luck with Trafalgar prior to this, but they jam more people on the bus. Won't return to Spain/Portugal again as both countries smell like an ash tray with people smoking almost everywhere.

You can't even sit at an outdoor cafe' without someone sitting beside you and firing up a stinking cigarette or cigar.Still going to travel, but haven't decided on our next destination yet.

Review about: Wanted To Experience Spain And Portugal.

I didn't like: Too much walking, Food not hot.

3.4
Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Insight Travel?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion